20 & 21 January 2014 in Phalaborwa, Limpopo
11 & 12 February 2014 , Taung , North West
24 & 25 February 2014 , Durban , KZN
11 & 12 March 2014 , Mosselbay , Western Cape
|Day 1||Day 2|
|8:00-08:30||Opening & introduction (Michelle)||Global GAP (Ester)|
Consumer behavior (Michelle)
Quality standards (Ester)
|Global GAP (Ester)|
|10:00-10:30||Coffee/tea break||Coffee/tea break|
|10:00-12:00||Market Access requirement (Michelle)||Basics of Operations (Michelle)|
|13:00-14:30||Local GAP (Ester)||Basics of Operations (Michelle)|
|14:30-15:00||Coffee/tea break||Coffee/tea break|
|15:00-16:30||Safe use of chemicals (Local GAP) (Ester)||Evaluation|
This workshop, presented by EMRC for SA Agri Academy will be held 24-28 March 2014.
Presented by: Dr. Michael Southwood - PhD Agric
At SA Agri Academy, Jamestown, Stellenbosch
Date: 1-3 April 2014
This course is an up-to-date look at the fast growing need for information regarding Hydroponics and Greenhousing. This course will be held in our training centre, plus you will be shuttled off to visit Seedling Farms, Composting and Processing Plants, to see first hand how these plants operate.
Subjects to be discussed:
- Introduction to Hydroponics
- History of the industry
- Different types of Tunnels/Greenhouse structures
- Seed, Cultivars, prevention of deseases
- How to make seedlings
- Irrigation and water managment
- Hygiene in tunnels
- Handling and disposal of pesticides
- Packaging and handeling of products (spelfout: moet 'handling' wees)
- Production Guidlines
- Visits to commercial farmers and processing plants
- Insect identification, use of vectors to control insects and field scouting
- Introduction to the world of biological disease and insect control
Cost for the Course: R3500,00. Accommodation and travel not included.
SA Agri-Academy's training schedule for 2014 is now available.
- 20 & 21 January 2014, MDP , Phalaborwa, Limpopo – Fully Booked
- 11 & 12 February 2014 ,MDP , Taung , North West - Fully Booked
- 17-22 February 2014 , CDA Training , Jamestown, Stellenbosch - Fully Booked
- 24 & 25 February 2014 , MDP , Durban , KZN – Fully Booked
- 11 & 12 March 2014 , MDP , Mosselbay , Western Cape - Fully Booked
- 1-3 April 2014 , Hydroponics and Tunnels , Jamestown Stellenbosch
- 2 4 – 29 March 2014 , International workshop: Development Finance model for agricultural clusters. Fully Booked
Alternative training dates can be arranged for groups of ten or more.
We honour the memory of a great statesman and leader. We mourn the passing of Mr Nelson Mandela.