Presented by Prof G Venter (Agricultural and Food Engineering)
at SA Agri Academy, Jamestown, Stellenbosch - 11 & 12 March 2013
This short course addresses the rapidly growing need for information on the greenhouse industry and hydroponics. Prof Venter regularly visits overseas greenhouse plants with hydroponics systems and universities to keep abreast of the very latest techniques, principles and production methods currently in use. This knowledge is transferred to the short course with video footage to illustrate and complete supporting notes.
Download the registration form here.
SA Agri-Academy's training schedule for 2013 is now available.
- Feb 11-22 - Poultry Training (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Feb 18-21 - FAAB Training
- March 11-12 - Hydroponics & Tunnels
- March 18-28 - Poultry Training (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Apr 08-12 - CDA Training (Gauteng)
- Apr 23-26- MDP (Vaal & Limpopo)
- May 13-16 - MDP (Bronkhorstspruit)
- June 23-26 - MDP (Vaal & Limpopo)
- July 7-10 - MDP (Ericaville)
- Aug 5-6 - Hydroponics & Tunnels
- Aug 18-23 - CDA Training (Gauteng)
- Sept 16-19 - MDP (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Sept 20 - Certification Ceremony
- Oct 7-10 - MDP (Free State)
- Oct 28-31 - MDP (North West)
- Nov 11-14 - MDP (Mpumalanga)
Alternative training dates can be arranged for groups of ten or more.
Advertisement for Agri Entrepreneurs/Cluster Agents can be downloaded here .
Sustainable market access for smallholder farmers gets a boost with the assistance of remarkable partners in a unique partnership
Most small holder farmers struggle to obtain strategic market access for their agri-enterprises. The creation of provincial clusters could open up domestic and international markets to them and give access to processing and management skills. The cluster approach is considered highly successful to enhance long-term profitability and has proven successful in many developing countries.
PROGRAMME NOW AVAILABLE: DOWNLOAD
AGRIBUSINESS AND CLIMATE CHANGE CONFERENCE
“A South African and UK perspective”
17 – 18 JUNE 2009
ERINVALE HOTEL, SOMERSET WEST
Climate change is affecting us all!
Climate change experts from the UK and South Africa will take part in this conference and will focus on:
Greening the supply chain
Water and alternative water supply options
Alternative crops and production practises (including
dealing with extremes)
More resilient and appropriate breeds (including dealing with extremes)
Reducing carbon emissions using green land management principles
Biogas mitigation options (renewable energy)
Carbon footprint within the global food trade