We honour the memory of a great statesman and leader. We mourn the passing of Mr Nelson Mandela.
24 June 2013
25 & 27June2013
26 & 28 June 2013
|Tuesday & Thursday
25 & 27 June2013
|Wednesday & Friday
26 & 28 June 2013
|9.00 - 10.30||FAAB training||Computers as part of your business||Making your own invoice||From Producer to Consumer - Introduction to value chain||Global Gap and other Gaps|
|10.30 - 11.00||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break|
|11.00 - 12.30||FAAB training||LIFE: Invoices||LIFE: Expenses Tracking||Importance of Quality in trade||Wrap up and summary of Food Safety Issues|
|12.30 - 13.30||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch||Lunch|
|13.30 - 15.00||FAAB training||LIFE: Invoices||Expense Tracking||Crop Protection & MRL's - Food Safety||Case Study|
|15.00 - 15.30||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break||Tea / Coffee Break|
|15.30 - 17.00||FAAB training||LIFE: Invoices||Expense Tracking||Packaging and Traceability|
Presented by: Dr. Michael Southwood - PhD Agric
At SA Agri Academy, Jamestown, Stellenbosch
Date: 9 – 11 October 2013
This course is an up-to-date look at the fast growing need for information regarding Hydroponics and Greenhousing. This course will be held in our training centre, plus you will be shuttled off to visit Seedling Farms, Composting and Processing Plants, to see at first hand how these plants operate.
Subjects to be discussed:
- Introduction to Hydroponics
- History of the industry
- Different types of Tunnels/Greenhouse structures
- Seed, Cultivars, prevention of deseases
- How to make seedlings
- Irrigation and water managment
- Hygiene in tunnels
- Handling and disposal of pesticides
- Packaging and handeling of products
- Production Guidlines
- Visits to commercial farmers and processing plants
Cost for the Course: R3500,00 (2½ days, Lunch & Shuttle included)
Download the registration form here.
This three-day workshop, presented by EMRC for SA Agri Academy, will be held from 19-21 August 2013 at the Lord Charles Hotel and Conference Centre, Somerset West (for directions click here).
The three days will focus on:
Day 1: The demand and need for agricultural value chain
Day 2: Organize the supply of finance
Day 3: How to operationalize a development finance model for agricultural clusters
Download the full programme (in .doc format) here.
SA Agri-Academy's training schedule for 2013 is now available.
- Feb 11-22 - Poultry Training (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Feb 18-21 - FAAB Training
- March 11-12 - Hydroponics & Tunnels
- March 18-28 - Poultry Training (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Apr 08-12 - CDA Training (Gauteng)
- Apr 23-26- MDP (Vaal & Limpopo)
- May 13-16 - MDP (Bronkhorstspruit)
- June 23-26 - MDP (Vaal & Limpopo)
- July 7-10 - MDP (Ericaville)
- Aug 5-6 - Hydroponics & Tunnels
- Aug 18-23 - CDA Training (Gauteng)
- Sept 16-19 - MDP (Bronkhorstspruit)
- Sept 20 - Certification Ceremony
- Oct 7-10 - MDP (Free State)
- Oct 28-31 - MDP (North West)
- Nov 11-14 - MDP (Mpumalanga)
Alternative training dates can be arranged for groups of ten or more.