Agri Entrepreneurs/ Cluster Agents – 36 months
Support to small holder farmers operating in clusters
The SA Agri Academy train Cluster Development Agents (CDA’s) as entrepreneurial support to small holder famers towards sustainability. This training is conducted through two weeks modular class room training and a two month practical completion of a diagnostic study under the guidance of an experienced CDA/technical advisor. The training is on NQF level 5.
The role of the cluster agents would be:
- Identification cluster objectives
- Formulation of a collective cluster strategy
- Implementation, coordination and management of cluster till sustainable
- Linkage to pre identified markets where contract farming can be an example
- Resolution Conflict
- Facilitation and strengthening of networks and role of stakeholders
- Monitor of outcomes
- Be familiar with principles of enterprise development (ecn. of scale, transaction cost, social capital)
- Understanding of small holder farmers
- Fluent communication in at least two local languages of which English is one
- Analytical and management skills
Qualification and Experience:
Successful applicants will receive three months training and will then be placed in a cluster.
Financial rewards to successful trained CDA will be cluster performance based. A CDA will receive a stipend.
A compulsory selection process will take place in Jamestown/Stellenbosch for short listed candidates.
Closing date: 24 November 2018, 13:00
No telephonic enquiries – only by email.
No late applications will be accepted.